Casting Call!

>> Friday, September 4, 2009

Banana Republic is sponsoring a Mad Men casting call contest. The winner will receive a walk on role on Mad Men, runner's up get a $1000 gift card to Banana Republic! My friend Heather called me up and asked if we could go downtown to take pictures for her photo entry, showing off her "mad" style. The show is set in New York in the 60's and is about the men of Madison Avenue. Heather was decked out in 60's glam with a pencil skirt and green sweater and we set out to wow the producers with her style.

It felt like we drove around forever just looking for a spot to park. We stopped at one building first, then drove around looking for a spot to get pictures near one of the old hotels. With all the tall buildings, we started losing light fast and made one last stop at the Scottish Rite then walked across the street for our last few pictures.

Heather is not at all afraid of the camera, so it was a lot of fun for me to be able to take pictures of someone who was not only comfortable with a camera in her face, but WORKED it too ;)

The picture, at left is the one she chose for her entry. Although I am focusing my efforts in general on newborn and children's portraiture, I had a great time doing this shoot for my friend's contest entry!

0 comments: